Sunday, October 10, 2010

Do You Remember????

Tomorrow is Columbus Day. When I was in elementary school, I learned about Columbus and how he "discovered" America. There were certain facts we had to know, especially the date. In 1492, he sailed the ocean blue, was the phrase I was taught to recall the year of his "discovery".

This weekend I celebrated Columbus Day by doing absolutely nothing!!! I have been running for the past few weeks and decided that since I was off today from work, I would be off today from EVERYTHING!! My Monday 5:00 am boot camp class has been moved to Tuesday....thank you thank you.

Have you ever had that feeling?? The feeling of wanting to be just "off", and don't take advantage of it??? We constantly go, go, go, and when we do get a "day off", we always find something else to do. Why? Have we gotten soooo busy in our daily lives that we have forgotten how to just be off. I normally write my blog on Mondays, but decided that I am really gonna be off, so I am writing on Sunday night. I deserve a day to do absolutely nothing. Actually, I am cleaning my house from top to bottom on tomorrow :), but hey it needs it.

This week I received a picture of myself and my friend Shae from our friend Larry. It was a picture of us in middle school and high school. It was cute but really funny. We haven't been in school in years, but seeing those pictures bought back a flood of memories. I remembered the exact day at A. L. Corbett Middle School when I first met Shae. She looked like someone that didn't take any mess, and she still is not a mess taker...lol. We have been close every since. I am amazed at how me and my classmates have continued to stay in touch. I guess it's because we came from a small community where everyone knew you, and you shared basically the same values. I know several of my current friends that haven't spoken to or seen their classmates since they graduated high school and are wide mouthed when I tell them I speak with my classmates on a daily basis.

Ok my son has entered my room to watch the football game??? I put question marks because I don't watch football and there are 2 more tv's in the home. One is actually in his room...... Why is he in here??? I am reading this to him and he is giving me the tween look.....

Here's my why me folks question: Did you ever think when you graduated high school that you would be where you are today??? Whether good or bad, list an event in your former school days that stands out to you.

I want to take this time to thank all my classmates from Wagener Elementary (now Cyril B. Busbee Elementary), A. L. Corbett Middle School and Wagener-Salley High School. You are the people who made me who I am today. I thank you for your friendship and your love. You are the best. I will talk with you via telephone, email, Facebook and face to face real soon. Thanks Larry and Shae for the pictures and the memories. To those we have lost along the way...rest in eternal peace.

Why me folks? Why am I where I am today?? Why not!!!

Smoochies

No comments:

Post a Comment