Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving????

Good Morning,

I was having breakfast with my girlfriend yesterday and she stated to me that she was having a bit of a conflict within her family. She is married and expecting her first child due December. Her family lives about 3 hours away and would like for her to spend Thanksgiving with her. Her husband would rather stay at home and enjoy dinner with just her. She doesn't know what to do.

I have another friend that is still mourning the passing of her mother. She passed last year the day after Thanksgiving. She was going to celebrate with her family, but has decided to forgo the entire holiday weekend. Her sister is not happy with that choice.

Another friend would like for me to come home, my family also, since I haven't been home in awhile. I have offered to make dinner at my home instead.

In each one of these situations, someone is trying to please everyone.... I can truly understand why the holiday season is depressing and also stressful.

It's a time of giving thanks for what we have, where we are, and all that God has blessed us through. When do we forget the thankfulness and began the selfishness????

This holiday season, let's stop with the take, take, take, me, me, me and began to go back to the days when family came together as a sign of love and not of obligation!!!!!

Why me question??? Are you celebrating the season for the right reason??? Let's remember that we don't choose our family, but do choose how we treat them.

Keep those that have no family and those that have no homes in your prayers this season!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!!!

Why me? Why not?

Smoochies

No comments:

Post a Comment