Monday, November 1, 2010

The Power of Voting....

Good Morning Everyone,

I almost forgot to post this morning. My weekend was hectic and this fasting isn't helping. Today is day #9 and I have fallen off the wagon twice. That's okay, we fall down, we get back up. It's in our nature. So I press on. I am beginning to understand why people fast and why it is so effective in our lives. I have known my purpose in life for awhile and with fasting it is becoming clearer on the steps I need to take to fulfill my purpose.

On tomorrow, the nation is asked to go to the polls and vote. It really doesn't matter who you vote for, just vote.... Really??? I have heard this for the past few months from several of my close associates. I truly believe that when we go to the polls, we need to vote responsibly. We need to cast our ballots for the one candidate that will get a majority of what we need accomplished. We are never going to agree when it comes to politics. When we vote with a purpose, it says that we care about what is going on in our society and we do have a voice.

I did early voting to beat the crowds and because it was convenient. This year, I voted with my 19 year old daughter. I was very proud to pass this on to her. I was amazed at how much she did know about the candidates.

My why me folks question: Why me folks, why should I vote??? I vote because someone died for the right and I don't want their death or their cause to be in vain. I vote because my mother did and she was passionate about her right to vote and encouraged all she knew to have a voice. I vote because if I want change to come, it starts with me. If I don't get involved, then I have nothing to say about what happens to me, my family, my community, my nation.

Why do you vote? Why don't you vote?

Why me folks?? Why not??

Smoochies

1 comment: