Thursday, April 28, 2011

OMG!!!! I've been unfriended on Facebook.....

A few weeks ago a co-worker of mine was unfriended on Facebook by a high school friend of hers. This really upset her. So much that she called the "unfriend" and had a 30 minute conversation as to why she did it and why she should "refriend" her. Really!!!!???? Talking with her she explained that she didn't know what she did and after the talk, she felt much better. She never was "refriended".

Last week, I was unfriended on Facebook by a childhood friend of mine. I told my co-worker and she asked what was I gonna do. I said nothing, and she was shocked. Her response was "Why??" Aren't you at least curious or concerned why it happened??? My response to her was "Hmmm...not really". Just thinking about that made me write this blog.

Is it really heartbreaking and just life altering to be unfriended on Facebook??? I guess for some it is. For me, I have learned in my 42 years of living that friends, good, bad or whatever the meaning come and go. I haven't lost a friendship that I have regretted.... ever. Either I dropped them for a damn good reason or they dropped me for their reason. What I can say is when one goes, another one comes along better than the first.

My advice to my co-worker and to others that have been unfriended on Facebook.....SO WHAT!!! Let it go...Trust me it's not that serious. Accept the unfriending and move on!!! Someone better will come along. If not, embrace the remaining friends you have.

As for me, I am my own best friend.

Why me question? Define a friend

Why me?? Why not???

Smoochies.

No comments:

Post a Comment